Monday, May 31, 2010

I Love Chocolate !




I made this card for the Michael Strong's Yahoo group Chocolate challenge.
It reminds me the story of Hansel and Gretel and their candy house.
Well, my house is entirely made of chocolate!
First I used Michael Strong's Cloisonné Paisley Set.
The roof tiles were made of small Paisleys stamped with Brilliance brown ink on light brown textured CS and hand-cut with nail scissors. Yes, I cut each and every one of them separately. They were adhered to a dark brown CS panel in rows, overlapping each other.
I used the background stamp from the Cloisonné Paisley Set on both sides of the door, which was attached to the main house panel with a piece of paper to enable the door to open.
The handle is made of a big brad, covered with brown corduroy.
The windows are small octagons, stamped with the small octagon stamp from the Cloisonné Octagons Set, and glued 3D for extra dimension.
Each M&M'S Chocolate Candy is a colorful brad.
Finally, I used a white gel pen for the faux stitches around the main house panel.
The matting is made of red textured CS.
People who know me already take me for a chocoholic.
This card seems like it's made of pure chocolate, it makes me want to take a bite…

14 comments:

  1. What a fun card, Dorly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's WONDERFUL card, Dorly! So creative and different and very well done. I love it@

    ReplyDelete
  3. כרטיס יפה ומיוחד!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dorly, that's adorable. I love it. Looks good enough to eat.
    hugs,
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's looks delicious
    אתמול אפילו אכלתי אצל דורלי שוקולד "מטופל" ...
    אני לא צוחקת. באמת

    ReplyDelete
  6. AnonymousJune 02, 2010

    Tt makes me want to take a bite - fantastic use of your imagination hugs Leo

    ReplyDelete
  7. AnonymousJune 02, 2010

    I love your chocolate house! It's very clever how you used those brads!

    ReplyDelete
  8. אהבתי מאוד את הסלסולים דמויי הקרם למעלה. יופי של כרטיס.

    ReplyDelete
  9. נותן חשק לתת ביס...... כרטיס מיוחד ויפה.

    ReplyDelete
  10. כרטיס מקורי, ומעניין
    כל הכבוד

    ReplyDelete
  11. מקסים מקסים ושוב מקסים
    אהבתי הכלללל
    כרטיס נפלא

    ReplyDelete
  12. יצא לך ממש מוצלח! אהבתי שזה נראה כמו עוגיית שוקולד גדולה עם קישוטים אכילים :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. AnonymousJune 04, 2010

    Dorly, I just love this sweet little card! I loved that story as a child! A lot of work went into your card n lots of imagination too! Great job!! Candy

    ReplyDelete
  14. כרטיס מקסים ומושקע. בעיקר כשאפשר לגעת בו ממש ולהתפעל מההשקעה שבו. כל פייזלי כזה גזור ביד, לא עניין של מה בכך. כל כך מחובר לסיפור ולאתגר. כל הכבוד!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it.