Saturday, July 24, 2010

Butterfly Gate Fold Card






This card opens in the middle and has 2 wings.
It was made using mostly pastel colors.
I used lavender pearly canvas-textured CS for the card, light blue leather-textured CS, plain cream CS and a patterned paper from my stash.
I stamped Michael Strong's Cloisonné Butterfly stamp on black textured CS (for contrast), then heat embossed it with mixed EP and decorated it with clear blings.
I used SN scalloped squares so that the outer piece exactly overlaps the inner one.
The butterflies inside were cut using EK Success whale of a punch, and the borders were cut using EK Success Parisian edger punch.
I left enough space inside for writing a personal text.
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed. Have a creative day! Dorly

11 comments:

  1. This is so pretty Dorly!! I love the colors and the folds. Thanks for sharing it here so I could see it on my visit to your blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, I like the way you decorated the inside of the gatefold card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJuly 25, 2010

    Beautiful Card Dorly. That butterfly is one of the first of Michael's stamps I got and is still one of my favorites.
    Judy I, St. Louis MO USA

    ReplyDelete
  4. דורלי. מקסים ביופיו. שילובי הצבעים כל כך מיוחדים.
    אהבתי מאד.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousJuly 25, 2010

    Great card - like the idea of a border punch on the inside panel - love the butterfly and it is still one of MS favs hugs Leo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful gatefold card. Lots of details to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Dorly,

    What a lovely card, love butterflies! Have a nice day! creative greetings Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  8. AnonymousJuly 26, 2010

    מהמם!!יש לך עבודות יפפיות!!
    האם את רואה את התגובה?
    ליאור

    ReplyDelete
  9. כרטיס נפלא ומושקע, כרגיל. הצבעים משתלבים יפה מאד וחבל שלא רואים את יופייה האמיתי של אבקת האמבוסינג הצבעונית.
    הפאנלים הפנימיים עם פאנץ' הבורדר מוסיפים הרבה לחלקו הפנימי של הכרטיס.
    על החותמות של מייקל סטרונג בכלל אין צורך להוסיף...

    ReplyDelete
  10. כרטיס מקסים ומלא אווירה! והבחירה בקארדסטוק עם טקסטורה של קנווס נהדרת!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it.