Monday, April 18, 2011

Mother In Law Tongue Card

This is the 1st card I made this week as Card Captain of the enjoyMichaelStrongstamps Yahoo Group.
Similar to the card shown in Michael Strong's blog, here's my interpretation to his Mother In Law Tongue Card.
It's a simple yet elegant card which fits any occasion.



Ingredients:
Leather textured cream CS for the card's basis
Patterned beige paper
Chocolate brown CS
Dark green canvas textured CS
Ranger's Distress Ink - Pine Needle
Michael Strong's Cloisonné Pot stamp (large)
White EP
Coloring pencils - white and yellow
White half pearls



I distressed the patterned beige paper with Ranger's Distress Ink - Pine Needle, using a sponge dauber, to give it a dark, contrasting frame.
I stamped Michael Strong's Cloisonné Pot on chocolate brown CS, heat embossed it with white EP and cut it out using TH scissors, then I cut it into 2 separate parts to create 2 low containers.
I cut the leaves out of green CS and colored them with pencils, then scored and folded them.
I attached the leaves to both containers' back side, and glued both containers 3D for extra dimension.
I also attached white half pearls to add some glam.



(You can enlarge each photo by clicking on it)

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed. Have a creative day! Dorly

5 comments:

  1. Very elegant! Nice colours.

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dorly! What a great card - the plants look real! Nice background too!

    Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. יפהפה! הכי יפה שלך!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect composition! Simply gorgeous and elegant cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it.