Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Youval's Blue Birthday Card

This is the 2nd card I made this week as Card Captain of the enjoyMichaelStrongstamps Yahoo Group.
My youngest son, Youval, turned 15 a few days ago.
Now here's the challenge he gave me: he insisted I make him a blue card, the only other colors may be grey (it's silver, but he kindly agreed… lol) and a touch of white.
No patterned paper, no border punch, no embellishments, definitely no blings… you got the idea.
Oh boy, sometimes it's difficult to please a young man!
So I created a simple, minimalist card with no extra decoration on it.
Well, as long as he's happy and smiling, I'm happy too!

Ingredients:
Leather textured blue CS for the card's basis
Silver paper
Plain blue CS in a lighter shade of blue
White CS
EK Success Corner Adorner punch (medium)
Memento blue ink
Michael Strong's Cloisonné Accents stamp (I have it mounted - thanks, Mike!)
ProMarkers – I used Royal Blue and Azure
A silver Happy Birthday rubon

I cut the papers and rounded all their corners.
I stamped Michael Strong's Cloisonné Accents on white CS and colored it with ProMarkers.
Then I distressed the white CS using Memento blue ink to give it a dark, contrasting frame.
I attached the stamped and colored white CS 3D for extra dimension.
I added the silver Happy Birthday rubon.

(You can enlarge each photo by clicking on it)
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed. Have a creative day! Dorly

5 comments:

  1. The blues do look very nice together -- maybe he's on to something!

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. למרות כל המגבלות כולן, יצא כרטיס מקסים. אין כמו אמא לעמוד באתגרים.
    יובל הציב מגבלות רציניות ובאמת זה פחות מקושט מהכרטיסים האופיניים שלך, אבל עמדת באתגר בכבוד.
    שתמיד תמיד יהיה לך כוח.
    מזל טוב!
    מיכל

    ReplyDelete
  3. It may be minimalist, but it is very elegant and beautiful. I love what you did.Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's a lovely card Dorly, and even lovelier that your son would want you to make him one! My sons *hate* cards, don't send them and don't appreciate receiving one either :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great simple design and colour scheme. Very nice card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it.