Thursday, July 7, 2011

A Little Box Of Love

This is my 4th project this week as Card Captain of the Michael Strong's Yahoo group.
I'll fill this box up with several surprises for my beloved DH.
Ingredients:
White CS for the Box
Light blue leather textured CS
Michael Strong's Cloisonné Heart Stamp (large)
Michael Strong's Punch & Spell Alphabet Stamp Set
Embossing ink
Gold EP
Ranger's Distress ink - China Blue
ProMarkers - Mint Green, Pastel Blue, Vanilla
Light blue half pearls
Scor-Pal
Oval Large Nesting Paper Punch 1.5 x 0.75 inch by EK Success
Double sided foam tape

First I created the box out of white CS, following Michael Strong's tutorial.
I distressed the light blue leather textured CS using Ranger's Distress ink - China Blue.
The heart
I stamped Michael Strong's Cloisonné Heart on white CS, heat embossed it with gold EP and cut it out using TH scissors.
Then I colored it with ProMarkers: I used Mint Green, Pastel Blue and Vanilla.
The heart was glued 3D with foam tape for extra dimension.

The word LOVE
I stamped the letters L O V E from Michael Strong's Punch & Spell Alphabet Stamp Set on white CS, heat embossed them with gold EP and then punched each letter out using the Oval Large Nesting Paper Punch 1.5 x 0.75 inch by EK Success.
Then I colored the letters with ProMarkers: I used Mint Green and Vanilla.
Each letter was separately glued 3D with foam tape for extra dimension.
I also added a few light blue half pearls for extra glam.




(You can enlarge each photo by clicking on it)

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed. Have a creative day! Dorly

2 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 08, 2011

    This box is so pretty, Dorly. I always admire all of your artwork. You are so talented.
    Els

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely box for gifts, Dorly!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it.