Thursday, August 11, 2011

Gift Boxes for Friends

I made 2 gift boxes for friends. I filled them up with small items: a notebook and a pen, an altered domino to be used as a magnet, a bookmark and a personal note.


First I created each box out of cream CS, following Michael Strong's tutorial.
I decorated each box with recycled postcards from an art exhibition, their edges distressed for a Shabby Chic look.
I added flourishes and stacks of flowers attached with a jewel brad.
The flowers were glued 3D with foam tape for extra dimension.

Supplies used:
Cream leather textured CS for the Box
Papers - recycled postcards from an art exhibition
Turquoise CS
Recycled kraft cereals package
Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die
Tim Holtz Elegant Flourishes die
Jewel brads
Tim Holtz stamps (various ones)
Pigmant Inks (several colors)
Ranger's Alcohol Inks (several colors)
StazOn ink - Jet Black
Scor-Pal
Double sided foam tape
I decorated each notebook with CS stamped with Tim's stamps.
The front side was covered with a piece of CS with a collage of Tim's stamps on it.
The back side was covered with a piece of CS with a single Tim's stamp on it.

The altered dominoes and the bookmarks were made using Alcohol inks and stamping with black StazOn ink on them.





(You can enlarge each photo by clicking on it)

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed. Have a creative day! Dorly

8 comments:

  1. Great job, Dorly!!! You are so giving!!! HUGE HUGS and blessings!!!
    I pray for the peace of Israel!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fantastic gifts - I'm sure they will love the boxes and all the lovely treats inside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work Dorly!
    -Martha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dorly, what gorgeous gift boxes. thank you so much for sharing them with all of us. I'm sure your friends who receive one will be delighted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just lovely! I know your friends will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. יצא מקסים. אני בטוחה שאת שלמה עם המתנה ושהיא התקבלה בשמחה רבה.
    מיכל

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your work is so lovely. i just purchased my first Jewish stamp and new year calendar..I hope I can make something even half as lovely as your work is. Beautiful work.Thank you for sharing.

    susan s.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it.