Thursday, October 6, 2011

Iris Folding Christmas Card

I'm Card Captain of the enjoyMichaelStrongstamps Yahoo Group for this week, so for 5 days I'll be showing you several works using Michael Strong's stamps. I hope you'll find them inspiring.
For my 4th card for this week I decided to use the Iris Folding technique.
You can find a very clear tutorial in Hetty's blog.
You can find the pattern in Michael Strong's blog.
If you want your pattern to match the size of Michael Strong's large Christmas Tree Die Cutter, print it after resizing it to exactly 11.31x 14.86 cms (who said size doesn't matter? lol)
I used contrasting yet complementary colors in order to get a classical card.


Ingredients:
White leather textured CS for the card's basis
Black canvas textured CS for the Christmas Tree Iris Folding
Recycled gift papers – shiny red and silver with white dots
Michael Strong's Christmas Tree Die Cutter
3D foam tape
Clear and red blings


I used Michael Strong's Christmas Tree Die Cutter to cut a Christmas Tree shaped hole in my CS.
It cuts like butter, it's a pleasure to work with these cutters (I'll save the cut-out tree for a later project).
I created the Christmas Tree Iris Folding on the back of my CS and turned it over, its textured side up.
I used recycled gift papers - shiny red and silver with white dots, which reminded me of snowflakes.
The papers were so sparkly that it was difficult to take a good photo of the card.
I glued the finished CS using 3D foam tape onto the card's basis for extra dimension.

I added several clear and red blings to add some glam.

(You can enlarge each photo by clicking on it)
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed. Have a creative day! Dorly

3 comments:

  1. Lovely Dorly!

    Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dorly,
    As usual, a brilliant, colorful idea using the Iris Fold technique...very much like the way you manipulated the IF...thanks for a great card. Carol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it.