Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Ornamental Christmas Card

I'm Card Captain of the enjoyMichaelStrongstamps Yahoo Group for this week, so for 5 days I'll be showing you several works using Michael Strong's stamps.
I hope you'll find them inspiring.
Here's my 3rd card for this week - it is an Ornamental Christmas Card.
We don't celebrate Christmas in Israel, yet I find the Christmas decorations very festive and elegant.
The main motif in this card is the Christmas tree, and the colors I chose are rather traditional Christmas colors.

Ingredients:
Cream leather textured CS for the card's basis
Patterned paper - Christmas Background paper pad by Crafty Individuals
Gold paper
Dark grey leather textured CS
Spellbinders Nestabilities - LATTICE RECTANGLES (medium)
Michael Strong's Cloisonné Christmas Tree Stamp (small)
Embossing ink
Black EP
Brown ink
Gold organza ribbon
Red and clear blings

I chose these colors to create an elegant and festive card.
If you look closely you'll notice that unlike usual Christmas trees, the ornaments here serve as a background while the trees are situated on top of them.
The background paper was slightly distressed using brown ink.
I stamped Michael Strong's Cloisonné Tree on dark grey leather textured CS, heat embossed it with black EP and cut it out using TH scissors.
The trees were glued 3D with foam tape for extra dimension, and so was their gold background, which was cut using Spellbinders Nestabilities - LATTICE RECTANGLES (medium).
I added red and clear blings for extra glam.
I also added a piece of gold organza ribbon.

(You can enlarge each photo by clicking on it)
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed. Have a creative day! Dorly

2 comments:

  1. Lovely card Dorly! So elegant and classy.

    Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dorly, I bought this stamp about 2 years ago, and its never seen ink, so thanks very much for the inspiration.
    its amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it.