Friday, October 7, 2011

Shiny Christmas Tree Card

I'm Card Captain of the enjoyMichaelStrongstamps Yahoo Group for this week, so for 5 days I'll be showing you several works using Michael Strong's stamps. I hope you'll find them inspiring.
Here's my 5th card for this week. I used my new Christmas Tree Die Cutter to create a shiny Christmas card.


Ingredients:
Cream leather textured CS for the card's basis
Red leather textured CS for the Christmas Tree cut-out
Patterned paper - Basic Grey - Wassail
White photo paper
Michael Strong's Christmas Tree Die Cutter
Snowflake punch (1 inch)
Clear, green and red blings


I used Michael Strong's Christmas Tree Die Cutter to cut a Christmas Tree shaped hole in my red CS. It cuts like butter, it's a pleasure to work with these cutters.
I used the background piece which was left from the cut-out tree (I'll save the cut-out tree for a later project).
I added the Basic Grey patterned paper at the back of the cut-out tree.
I added several snowflakes, punched out of photo paper which is very white and resembles snow.
I added quite a few clear, green and red blings to add some glam. You can never use too many blings…

(You can enlarge each photo by clicking on it)

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed. Have a creative day! Dorly

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dorly! Tks for your message/my blog. Enjoy your week as card captain; how quaint the title. You will offer some interesting challenges I know. Love this Christmas card too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it.