Thursday, February 23, 2012

Gecko Tag for Good Luck and Paisley Tag

Here are my 4th creations for this week as Card Captain of the enjoyMichaelStrongstamps Yahoo Group





Today it's Technique Thursday, and rather than sharing a specific technique I preferred to share several useful tips.
Therefore I created two tags on which it's easier to demonstrate my tips.

I decided to use the Cloisonné Gecko Stamp and the Cloisonné Paisley large stamp.


The colors I chose are earth tones, trying to match the stamped images and the embellishments to the backgrounds.

Supplies used:
Cream CS for the tags
Beige and cream CS
Vintage book's pages
Cuttlebug embossing folder - Distressed Stripes

Spellbinders Shapeabilities Dies - Fancy Tags
Crop-A-Dile
Michael Strong's Cloisonné Gecko Stamp
Michael Strong's Cloisonné Paisley Set
(large)
Ranger's Distress ink - Rusty Hinge, Pine Needle
Embossing ink
Ranger's Green EP
Versacolor metallic Ink - 3 colors - bronze, gold and silver
Promarkers - Vanilla, Mint Green
Green pen
Big spotted brads
Flower eyelets
Ribbons and fibers from my stash


Double sided foam tape
Double sided tape


First I stamped the Gecko and cut it around.
Then I stamped the Paisley, heat embossed it, colored it with ProMarkers and cut it around.
I embossed the tags using the Cuttlebug and colored them with Ranger's Distress inks.
The Ribbons and the stamped images were all glued 3D for extra dimension.
Then I added the eyelets and the brads.


Now here are my tips for a better looking creation, no matter if it's a tag, a card or any other project.
The back side of the work looks messy - holes for the eyelets, ribbon strands hanging loose, brads' legs showing.
All these make each project look unfinished and non-professional.
To avoid this, simply cover the back side of your work, and none of the above will be seen.
I used a vintage book's page to cover each tag's back side.
Then I added a satin ribbon and some colorful fibers at the top of the tags.
You must admit they look better now.

You can also cover the back side of brads and eyelets or the ribbon's attaching place with small punched out or die cut papers, and use them as decorative elements.
Do you have any tips you'd like to share?

(You can enlarge each photo by clicking on it)

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed. Have a creative day! Dorly

2 comments:

  1. Very nice, thanks for the tips here, the back certainly looks a lot nicer when covered like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I should do this for the insides of my cards!
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it.