Friday, February 24, 2012

Home Sweet Home Card

Here is my 5th card for this week as Card Captain of the enjoyMichaelStrongstamps Yahoo Group
I decided to use the new adorable Little Houses Set - are these stamps stunning or what?
I can already think of so many ways to use them... they are a must have!
I created this card to celebrate a newly renovated house.
The colors I chose are vivid, and there's quite a lot of coloring which is fun, as there are so many creative options.
I chose the background paper with the musical notes because the people in this house love music.
I wish their home will always be filled with music and laughter!

Supplies used:
Cream textured CS for the card's basisTurquoise CS
Crafty Individuals patterned paper - Background Papers (Book 1)
Cream CS
White recycled CS (from a tea pack)
Spellbinders Shapeabilities Dies - Fancy Tags
Martha Stewart's Gothic Arches edge punch
VersaFine ink - Onyx Black
Michael Strong's Little Houses Set - Cottage
Michael Strong's Mini Cloisonné Wings Stamp Set - Hummingbird (small)
Embossing ink
Michael Strong's Midnight black EP
ProMarkers
Tiny clear bling
Double sided foam tape

First I stamped Michael Strong's Cottage stamp from the Little Houses Set on cream CS, using VersaFine ink - Onyx Black.
I colored the stamped image using several colors of ProMarkers.
Then I stamped Michael Strong's Cloisonné small Hummingbird on a piece of recycled CS using Embossing ink.
I heat embossed it using Michael Strong's Midnight black EP.
I cut the small Hummingbird using scissors.
I cut and layered the background papers and added the punched fence.
The printed sentiment and stamped images were all glued 3D for extra dimension.
Finally, I added a tiny clear bling for the Hummingbird's eye.
Now take a look at the close-up to see the detailed coloring.
Can you notice the cute kitten at the window? I colored him blond with blue eyes (lol)
I just love how versatile this stamp is - it can be colored in so many ways, and it can be combined with other stamps such as the Hummingbird in flight.
Endless possibilities!





(You can enlarge each photo by clicking on it)
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed. Have a creative day! Dorly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it.