Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Japanese Dragonfly Happy Birthday Card

Here's the 3rd card I made for this week as Card Captain of the enjoyMichaelStrongstamps Yahoo Group.
It's a Happy Birthday card for a dear friend.

Supplies used:
Red leather textured CS for the card's basis
Shiny gold paper
Japanese patterned paper - Making Memories
Pergamano Parchment (Vellum) paper
Michael's Strong's Cloisonné Dragonfly stamp (large)
Embossing ink
Gold EP
Happy Birthday stamp by Hero Arts
VersaFine Onyx Black ink
Clear and red blings
Double sided foam tape
Diamond Glaze

I cut and layered the papers.
I stamped "Happy Birthday" using VersaFine Onyx Black ink.
The sentiment was glued 3D for extra dimension.
Then I stamped Michael Strong's Cloisonné Dragonfly stamp on Parchment (Vellum) paper, heat embossed it with gold EP and cut it carefully.
I attached the Dragonfly's body using Diamond Glaze, allowing its wings to hang in the air as if it's flying.
I added red and clear blings all over for extra glam.

(You can enlarge each photo by clicking on it)

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed. Have a creative day! Dorly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it.