Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Japanese Hummingbird Card

Here is my 2nd card for this week as Card Captain of the enjoyMichaelStrongstamps Yahoo Group.

I created this card for a dear friend who likes Japanese motifs.

This card was created using strong, contrasting colors, yet it reminds me of a serene nature's scene.


Supplies used:
Red leather textured CS for the card's basis

Black and red leather textured CS
Off-white recycled CS (from a tea pack)
Dovercraft patterned paper - Eastern Promise
Narcissus stamp by Kodomo
VersaFine ink - Onyx Black
Michael Strong's Mini Cloisonné Wings Stamp Set - Hummingbird (small)


ProMarkers - Mint Green, Tulip Yellow, Peach
Black Satin ribbon - recycled from a chocolate box
Clear tyny bling and several medium blings

Double sided foam tape


First, I stamped the Narcissus using VersaFine ink - Onyx Black.
Then I stamped Michael Strong's Cloisonné small Hummingbird using Embossing ink.
I heat embossed it using Michael Strong's Midnight black EP.
I colored the Narcissus and the Hummingbird using ProMarkers - Mint Green, Tulip Yellow, Peach.
I cut and layered the papers, added the ribbon and glued the stamped Images 3D for extra dimension.

Then I added a tiny clear bling for the bird's eye and several medium blings for extra glam.

(You can enlarge each photo by clicking on it)

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed. Have a creative day! Dorly

2 comments:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it.