Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Mini Wings in Flight Butterfly Card

Here is my 3rd card for this week as Card Captain of the enjoyMichaelStrongstamps Yahoo Group


Today I created this card thinking how sunny it was (yes, in February!)
It felt like a day to spend outdoors, but I couldn't get inky in the garden (lol).
So I enjoyed the lovely day and it inspired me to think of flight and nature.
I decided to use the Silhouette Panels stamp set, which coordinates with the Cloisonné Stamps: Butterfly, Hummingbird and Dragonfly.

The colors I chose are pastels and the mini Butterfly seem to be in flight, who knows where to…


Light blue CS for the card's basis

Crafty Individuals patterned paper - Springtime (Book 3)
Turquoise and yellow CS
Off-white recycled CS (from a tea pack)
VersaFine ink - Onyx Black
Michael Strong's Silhouette Panels Stamp Set - Butterflies
Michael Strong's Mini Cloisonné Wings Stamp Set - Butterfly (small)


Light purple half pearls with sticky back

Double sided foam tape


First I stamped Michael Strong's Silhouette Panels Stamp Set - the butterflies - on yellow CS using VersaFine ink - Onyx Black.
I cut 4 squares of turquoise CS for matting.
I cut the heart using scissors (the paper was taken from a journal).
Then I stamped Michael Strong's Cloisonné small Butterfly on a recycled CS using Embossing ink.
I heat embossed it using Michael Strong's Midnight black EP.
I cut and layered the 4 squares on top of the background patterned paper.
I added the heart and the Butterfly, all glued 3D for extra dimension.

Finally, I added light purple half pearls for extra glam.



(You can enlarge each photo by clicking on it)

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed. Have a creative day! Dorly

1 comment:

  1. Pretty card. I like the soft colours and then how the yellow brightens everything up!
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it.