Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Like a Fish in Water Box

Here is my 3rd card for this week as Card Captain of the enjoyMichaelStrongstamps Yahoo Group

I'm into boxes this week, because they are fun to make and they also seem very practical for little gifts.
I created this box for my swimming tutor, a great guy who actually makes me feel like a fish in the water - hence the fish and the waves motifs.
I filled it up with Taster's Choice coffee and ice coffee bars, which fit perfectly into the box.
I'll give it to him with this Beach Party Card and with a bottle of my home-made delicious coffee liquor (the guy just loves coffee!)

Supplies used:
Cream leather textured CS for the box
Basic Grey patterned paper - Archaic
Turquoise CS
Grey leather textured CS
Scor-Pal
1" circle punch
Michael Strong's Hetty's Coffee Cup Set
Michael Strong Cloisonné Fish Stamp
Embossing ink
Silver EP
White EP
Turquoise blingWhite sticky back half pearls
Double sided foam tape


First I created the box out of cream CS, following Michael Strong's tutorial.

My addition is a tip for an easy opening of the box.After scoring and folding the CS, but before cutting and connecting its corners, I used a 1" circle punch to cut a HALF CIRCLE opening at the front side, where the box opens up (I simply inserted the circle punch half way and punched).It creates a perfect notch to slide your finger in to open the box without wrinkling it.


I stamped Michael Strong Cloisonné Fish using Embossing ink.
I heat embossed it using silver EP and cut it with scissors.
I added a turquoise bling to enhance the eye of the fish.
I stamped the turquoise CS with Michael Strong's Hetty's Coffee Cup Set - the steam panel wonderfully resembles waves in the water - and heat embossed it using white EP.
The steam panel and the Fish were glued 3D for extra dimension.
I added the pearls to resemble water bubbles.

(You can enlarge each photo by clicking on it)

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed. Have a creative day! Dorly

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea to create this "designer fish box" for a gift for your swimming tutor!!! So creative and it's such a cute design!!! Love the coffee treats inside too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it.