Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Happy Birthday Ornate and Owl Card

This is my 2nd card this week as Card Captain at the enjoyMichaelStrongstamps Yahoo Group.
For this card I chose brown and light blue as the dominant colors, and Michael Strong Cloisonné Owl Stamp as my main motif.



















Supplies used:
White leather textured CS for the card's basis
Chocolate brown CS
Light blue CS (from the white CS pack cover)
Basic Grey patterned paper
White recycled CS for stamping (from a tea pack)
Sizzix Bigz Ornate Plate Die
Michael Strong Cloisonné Owl Stamp
Emboss Ink
Michael Strong embossing powder - Weathered Copper
ProMarkers
Light blue blings in various sizes
Clear blings
3D double-sided foam tape













I stamped Michael Strong's Cloisonné Owl using Emboss Ink, and heat embossed it using Michael Strong embossing powder - Weathered Copper.
It has a unique color mixture, which gives a very special and beautiful result.
I carefully cut it with scissors, colored it using ProMarkers, and added clear blings for the Owl's eyes.
Then I layered the papers, glued the Ornate Plate die and added the Owl 3D.
Finally, I added light blue blings in various sizes for extra glam.


















You can enlarge each photo by clicking on it)
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed. Have a creative day! Dorly

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card! Owl have to try and make one... =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dorly, your birthday card is LOVELY!! I love the way you colored the owl! It looks so elegant along with the pretty die and background paper and the gemstones!! Great job! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. אוהבת את האמבוסינג,,ההבלטות העדינות יפות כל כך וגם כאן ההבלטה של הינשוף יפיפיה על הרקע הצבעוני העדין,,
    קסם של כרטיס ברכה...
    נהדר...:-)
    המשך יום נעים :-)
    T42:-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it.