Sunday, March 31, 2013

Not All Who Wander Are Lost.

I made 10 pages for an Art Journal Prompts Swap at AllThingsTim Yahoo Group
Here's one of my pages:



Supplies used:

White Cs
Tim Holtz embossing folders - Retro
Andy Skinner mask by Tando - Children
Inksssentials ink blending tool
Ranger Distress Ink - faded jeans
Tim Holtz stamps - Ultimate Grunge: crackle, bubble wrap, numerals
Tim Holtz stamps - Lost and found: the sentiment "Not All Who Wander Are Lost."
VersaFine ink - Onyx Black, Crimson Red
Ranger Distress Re-inkers - fired brick, pine needle
70% Alcohol in misters
Tattered Angels - Glimmer Mist - Cosmos
Tattered Angels - Glimmer Mist Chalkboard - Grape Ape
Dylusions ink spray - Lemon Zest
White Gel pen



I embossed the white CS with Tim Holtz embossing folders - Retro (2 of them), to give the paper some extra dimension.

















I used Andy Skinner mask - Children, inked it and then sprayed all over it, using various colors and glimmer mists.












I stamped several images occasionally.





















Then I highlighted the children and the sentiment with a white gel pen.

(You can enlarge each photo by clicking on it)
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed. Have a creative day! Dorly

7 comments:

  1. Love your journal pages. Great work! I love that saying, too.

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your prompts, they are amazing! That is one of my favorite stencils too, I wish it was easier to get them here in the states.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dorly, you have proven yourself again! Your unique process of color and texture are shown in this art. Your use of light and dark, highlights and white space are just perfect to lead the eye about the project. Thank you for sharing and keeping me challenged to work smarter and more creatively.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool look Dorly...love the outlining of the children...they look 3-D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. אוהבת מאודדדדדדדדד את החגיגה היצירתית במיוחד שעל העבודות....,הצביעה ברקע,נפלאה ומוסיפה הרבה עיניין ומקפיצה את צללית הדמויות עד שנדמה שהן מרחפות מעל, המשפט יפיפה,,וההבלטה שמוסיפה תנועה למראה ,, מעשירה את האמירה ואת העיצוב כולו..
    אהבתי מאודדדד
    וכמובן הכי חשוב:-)
    יום הולדת שמח ומאושר
    מכל הלב:-)
    T42:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just LOVE your art work.....it is very pretty and meaningful !
    I also love the mask with the kids. Allthough never seen it.....not even on internet...
    Thanks a lot for sharing.
    Hugs from SPAIN

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great art journal idea! Thanks for sharing this with us! I always forget about using the white gel pen for highlighting things! hugs, Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it.