Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Vintage Elephant Noel Card

I'm Card Captain of the enjoyMichaelStrongstamps Yahoo Group for this week, so for 5 days I'll be showing you several works using Michael Strong's stamps. I hope you'll find them inspiring.

My 3rd card for this week is a Vintage Elephant Noel Card.

It's a Vintage style Noel (Christmas) card in non-traditional colors, and I assume that the Elephant carrying the holiday's gifts isn't the traditional Santa's sleigh either (lol).












I used a Kraft card basis, and contrasting shades of brown with strong turquoise for a non-traditional, and therefore more special color combo.
The Noel sentiment was made of wood and colored on mat gold, enhanced by a dark brown framing paper and a turquoise bling.

The patterned background paper is in shabby chic style, complementing the other elements.
It was inked all around, to give it a distinct, eye-catching frame.











I stamped it on a contrasting turquoise CS using VersaFine Ink - Black Onyx, and cut it with scissors, then added a tiny bling to enhance the eye.
The Noel sentiment, as well as the Elephant, were glued 3D for extra dimension – you can see how it actually adds volume to the card.
Several blings were added for extra glam.













(You can enlarge each photo by clicking on it) 
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed. Have a creative day! Dorly

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it.