Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Point of View - Bold and Bright Mixed Media Painting on Canvas

I've created this painting for a specific occasion, and as it sometimes happens - it turned out different than I expected, due to many changes during the process of working on it.

I've used so many stencils, stamps, and the DecoArt Media line products - so many layers of different colors, I can't start listing them but I hope you can see under the surface that each part was colored quite a few times...
I also used various inks and a white gel pen.

First, I colored all of the 24x24 inches (60x60 cms) canvas in black, and then I started layering it with various acrylic paints until I was satisfied with the background of each section.
All the outlines and contours were freehand drawn using a white gel pen.
You can easily notice each stencil and stamp I used, but I'll give you a list if you insist…
















As many people have different interpretations to what I've painted, and that also changed during the process, I'll leave it to you to tell me what you see in there.

There are so many details, large and small figures, various themes which all connect to a main one. Yet, apparently, each viewer sees it differently, and has another point of view than mine (which is fine by me).












I'll show you several detailed photos.

So go figure it out, and let me know what you think.











Andy Skinner's stencils used:
Code Breaker
Tornado
Sequin Waste (Tando Creative)

Challenges:

(You can enlarge each photo by clicking on it) 
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed. Have a creative day! Dorly

3 comments:

  1. This is AMAZING Dorly. Wow - it must have taken a while to do - so INTRICATE and INTRIGUING. What do I see? LIFE. Makes me think of my hubby and I (43 years together). In our younger years - we worked together but we were both independent and free thinkers too. Now... as we are aging - it often takes both of our brains to figure out the plan!!! We have come full circle - like your middle tornado!! This is very special. You should be so proud of it. j.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beatiful. It's perfect. It's alive. It makes me think of the "world", of " life", of myself...
    I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Dorly, I agree with Matty. Something about this piece makes me think of life. My eye goes around the central circle (which reminds me of the sun) and I see plants, animals, people... Great abstract with nice bold colour combinations! Neat to see so many different images in one piece. I was glad that I could blow up the image to see details. Many thanks for sharing with me :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it.